Tumkur Road Realty Set to Boom
Published on June 14, 2013, 04:25 AM IST
"We see the emergence of an important economic hub catering to the city in general and the micro-market in particular. The area within a 4-5 km radius along both sides of Tumkur Road is likely to develop into an influence zone for the proposed Mumbai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor in terms of residential belts like the Magadi Road, Hesaraghatta, Jalahalli, and other areas up to Yeshwanthpur," said Girish K S, Local Director - Strategic Consulting, Jones Lang LaSalle India.
The proposed Mumbai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor is expected to connect Bangalore City in the north-western side of the city along Tumkur Road. From the last 7-8 years (since 2005/2006), Tumkur Road and its surrounding areas have been witnessing significant augmentation and improvement in terms of infrastructure in general and connectivity in particular. Some of the key infrastructure projects rendered operational in the area in the recent past include the Elevated Expressway, Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) and Bangalore International Exhibition Center (BIEC).
Other on-going and proposed infrastructure initiatives are the Metro Rail Phase 1 and Phase 2 and Peripheral Ring Road. These infrastructure projects, along with the proposed Mumbai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor, are expected to significantly improve the physical characteristics of the area. The result will be the development of large integrated projects as there are large industrial land parcels waiting to be unlocked for quality real estate development with the growth of economic drivers in the area.
Until the recent past, the population of this micro-market had a low socio-economic profile - it was dominated by blue-collar workers as the area was a hub for small scale industries manufacturing ancillary parts for PSUs, automobile industries, garment industries, etc. Over a period of time, the area saw the arrival of large Indian and global corporations industrial entities such as Kennametal, Widia, ITC, Volvo, BOC, Reliance Packing Industries, etc.,
Since last 4-5 years, the area is being viewed as one of the fast developing micro-markets in the city, as is evidenced by the launch of some large real estate projects complemented by key infrastructure initiatives. This has vastly improved the characteristics of the area, which now has good availability of large land parcels due to the unlocking by sick industrial units at competitive prices, and a visibly changing socio-economic profile of the resident population.
Till date, about 17 residential apartment projects launched and an there is expected to supply about 5,099 units in the micro-market on a cumulative basis.
With the proposed Mumbai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor, this micro-market is expected to benefit from an increase in much-needed economic driver, which will significantly increase demand for all core real estate asset classes like residential, commercial / office, retail, hotel, industrial infrastructure, etc.
Some of the commercial / office and retail developments envisioned during 2005/2006 within this micro-market and its surroundings are operational now.
Bangalore Real Estate News
- Real Estate Bill Set to Spike Home Prices
- Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst
- Mid Income Homes Drive Home Sales
- Bangalore Real Estate More Positive
- Bangalore Records Highest Launches
- Bangalore Stands 2nd for Commercial Investment
- Residential Sales Drop by 16% in Bangalore
- Century to Build Walmart Store Near Hebbal
- Godrej Properties Enters Whitefield
- Honeywell Seals Biggest Office Leasing Deal
- Sahara Buys 25 acre Plot at Whitefield
- Will Real Estate Follow the Gold Crash…?
- Over Supply of Retail Space Hits South India
- The Future of Integrated Townships
- Sobha Developers - Land Bank in Bangalore
- Prestige Group - Future Launches
- Sluggish Demand on Budigere Cross
- Office Absorption Drops 81% in Bangalore - Q1-2013
- Sobha Developers - Future Launches
- Retail, Wholesale Chain Find Bangalore Attractive
- Decision on Real Estate Regulator Bill Deferred
- Realtors Face Demand Threat from BDA Flats
- Signal Free Corridor Hits a Roadblock
- Buy Discounted Flats in Bangalore
- Land Prices Spike in Hoskote
- Average Size of Bangalore Apartments Highest in India
- Bangalore to Get Digitalized Property Cards
- Villa Rentals Drop in Bangalore
- Bangalore Office Market Update
- Budget Analysis - Mixed Bag for Real Estate
- Dynamics of Bangalore Housing Market
- Real Estate Bill - What's in it for me?
- Office Space Absorption Shrinks
- Why do Expats Love Koramangala
- Best Investment Neighborhoods of 2012
- Bangalore Realty Set to Soar
- Hinduja Launches 40 Acre IT Park at Hebbal