BBMP Proposes Hike in Property Taxes
Published on Feb 23, 2013, 03:20 AM IST
A similar proposal was sent to the council last year but was not approved by corporators. Eyeing more revenue generation, BBMP has planned to send a similar proposal to the council once again this year, and if approved, the increased property tax slab is likely to come into effect from April 1, 2013.
The proposal states that the Karnataka Muncipal Corporation (KMC) act mandates for a tax hike somewhere between 15 percent to 30 percent once in three years. The last time the BBMP revised taxes was in 2008 when the Self Assessment Scheme (SAS) based on Unit Area Value (UAV) was introduced.
Bangalore Real Estate News
- Real Estate Bill Set to Spike Home Prices
- Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst
- Mid Income Homes Drive Home Sales
- Bangalore Real Estate More Positive
- Bangalore Records Highest Launches
- Bangalore Stands 2nd for Commercial Investment
- Residential Sales Drop by 16% in Bangalore
- Century to Build Walmart Store Near Hebbal
- Godrej Properties Enters Whitefield
- Honeywell Seals Biggest Office Leasing Deal
- Sahara Buys 25 acre Plot at Whitefield
- Will Real Estate Follow the Gold Crash…?
- Over Supply of Retail Space Hits South India