Bangalore Infra Gets a Major Boost
Published on July 12, 2013, 01:20 AM IST
Some of the measures proposed are: The Government has done a feasibility study for suburban rail system connecting Bangalore to Tumkur, Ramanagaram, etc. The project is expected to cost Rs 8,759 crore. A detailed project report for phase-1 will be prepared.
A Special Purpose Vehicle - Bangalore Sub-Urban Rail Corporation will be setup for implementing the project.
Comprehensive development of 100 km of arterial and sub-arterial roads costing Rs 300 crore and Rs 500 crore for construction of grade separators at important critical junctions and a grade separator near K.R Puram bridge.
Widening of two important corridors namely Bannerghatta Road and Sarjapura Road as per revised master plan of 2015 will be taken up at a cost of Rs 300 crore. Construction of elevated road from Jayadeva Hospital junction to Central Silk Board, in integration with the proposed Phase II Metro alignment to be taken at a cost of Rs150 crore.
Construction of elevated road from Ejipura Junction to Sarjapura road via Sony World junction at Koramangala will be taken up at a cost of Rs 200 crore. Improvement of important junction in the Central Business District will be taken up at a cost of Rs 50 crore.
Construction of pedestrian sky-walks for the safety of pedestrians crossing the road will be taken up at a cost of Rs 100 crore. Rs 250 crore will be provided for providing basic infrastructure to the newly added 110 villages in BBMP.
An amount of Rs 100 crore will be provided for the construction of multilevel car parking. Rs 320 crore will be provided for projects taken up under JnNURM Grants. As disposal of solid waste has become a major problem in recent times in Bangalore, Government will provide all support and assistance to BBMP. Rs 100 crore will be provided for adopting modern technology in solid waste management like generation of electricity, preparation of compost.
Government to introduce a new Parking Policy in all the City Corporations.
Rs 200 crore will be provided for construction of Railway Over Bridges (ROB) and Railway Under Bridges (RUB) at railway level crossings in association with Railway authorities.
Metroline from Sampige Road to Peenya covering 10.5 kms, will be made operational by October. Clearance from Government of India for the ‘Namma Metro’ works of Phase II covering 72 kms at a cost of Rs 26,405 crore is expected shortly.
Rs 100 crore will be provided for development of 44 lakes by removing the encroachments and stop the entry of sewage flow into the lakes. During the current year, BMRCL will undertake development of Kengeri and Veerasandra lakes in a scientific manner.
It is planned to take up planting of 1.60 lakhs tree saplings across the Bangalore city in 2013-14 at an expenditure of Rs.20 crore through BMRCL.
Other Key Announcements:
- Arkavathy Layout sites to be allotted by March, 2014.
- Rs 4150 crores JNNURM projects in Bangalore and Mysore.
- To develop International Convention Centre at Devanahalli.
- M G Road and Brigade roads to get wi-fi.
- Bangalore Suburban Rail Corporation to be set up soon.
- Indian Institute of Public Health to come up in Bangalore.
- All RTO offices in Bangalore to be computerised.
- Four more RTO offices in Bangalore.
- Rs 250 crores allotted for developing infrastructure in 110 villages that has been added to BBMP.
- 1.6 lakh saplings to be planted at a cost of Rs 20 crores.
- New parking policy in City Corporations including Bangalore.
- Rs 100 crores for Christian community in the state.
- Rs 100 crores to develop lakes and remove encroachers.
- Mythri Scheme: Rs 500 monthly pension for transgenders.
- Rs 100 crores earmarked for skywalk for citizens.
- Interest-free loans for farmers up to two lakhs. Subsidised loan between 2 lakh to 10 lakh to farmers.
- Rs 100 crore for weavers.
- Textile park at Yadgir, Granite park at Chamaraja Nagar, Rs 10 crore for the aerospace park; Rs 50 crore aid for SC/ST and religious bodies.
- Support price for Milk producers increased from Rs 2 to Rs 4.
Bangalore Real Estate News
- Real Estate Bill Set to Spike Home Prices
- Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst
- Mid Income Homes Drive Home Sales
- Bangalore Real Estate More Positive
- Bangalore Records Highest Launches
- Bangalore Stands 2nd for Commercial Investment
- Residential Sales Drop by 16% in Bangalore
- Century to Build Walmart Store Near Hebbal
- Godrej Properties Enters Whitefield
- Honeywell Seals Biggest Office Leasing Deal
- Sahara Buys 25 acre Plot at Whitefield
- Will Real Estate Follow the Gold Crash…?
- Over Supply of Retail Space Hits South India