Office Space Absorption Shrinks in Bangalore
However, the recent Euro crisis and lower than expected growth in US did dent the IT growth forecast in India. Most IT companies have revised their expansion plans and moved on to consolidation mode. The commercial property absorption in Bangalore has dropped over 20% in 2012, compared to 2011. The IT sector which consumes over 80% of office space has absorbed only 60% of the supply in 2012. However, other sectors like Banking and Manufacturing upped their absorption in 2012 by 6%.
On the brighter side, Bangalore is still the best performer in office space absorption in the country. Cities like Chennai have seen more than 50% fall and Mumbai over 23%.
Bangalore Real Estate News
- Real Estate Bill Set to Spike Home Prices
- Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst
- Mid Income Homes Drive Home Sales
- Bangalore Real Estate More Positive
- Bangalore Records Highest Launches
- Bangalore Stands 2nd for Commercial Investment
- Residential Sales Drop by 16% in Bangalore
- Century to Build Walmart Store Near Hebbal
- Godrej Properties Enters Whitefield
- Honeywell Seals Biggest Office Leasing Deal
- Sahara Buys 25 acre Plot at Whitefield
- Will Real Estate Follow the Gold Crash…?
- Over Supply of Retail Space Hits South India