Prestige Constructions buy 8 acre land in Koramangala Bangalore
Published on July 8th, 2014 by Abilash Reddy
The transaction was handled by Juggy Marwah, managing director south India for JLL India, a real estate consultancy firm. Marwah declined to comment. The entire sale procedure for the property, which has been in the market since 2011, lasted six months, said one person in the know. Siemens had earlier entered into an agreement with another Bangalore builder, RMZ Corp, to sell the same land parcel in 2011, but the deal fell through. RMZ had paid an initial instalment of Rs 32 crore to Siemens for this land parcel. According to sources, Siemens has returned 50% of the money to RMZ against the property.
The 8-acre land parcel came under Siemens' control after a merger of Siemens VDO Automotive's business with the equipment manufacturer in 2005. Earlier, the land used to house a factory of Siemens VDO Automotive. Koramangala Road is one of the key localities in south Bangalore, largely known for its residential commercial development. Real estate projects here fetch around Rs 9,000 to Rs 15,000 per sq ft depending on the facilities offered by builders.
Siemens have been planning to sell land parcel across major cities like Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune as part of its value optimization strategy. Prestige Estates Projects has 59.47 million sq. ft of projects under development across residential, commercial, hospitality and retail. The South-based builder plans to launch 31.96 million sq ft this fiscal with 76% of it to be residential projects followed by commercial and retail. The builder has 377-acre of land bank across South.
Bangalore Real Estate News
- Real Estate Bill Set to Spike Home Prices
- Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst
- Mid Income Homes Drive Home Sales
- Bangalore Real Estate More Positive
- Bangalore Records Highest Launches
- Bangalore Stands 2nd for Commercial Investment
- Residential Sales Drop by 16% in Bangalore
- Century to Build Walmart Store Near Hebbal
- Godrej Properties Enters Whitefield
- Honeywell Seals Biggest Office Leasing Deal
- Sahara Buys 25 acre Plot at Whitefield
- Will Real Estate Follow the Gold Crash…?
- Over Supply of Retail Space Hits South India