Office Rentals Stabilize in Bangalore
Published on Oct 20th, 2013
The report, titled 'India Office Market View Q3 2013’, stated that areas like MG Road, Richmond Road, Residency Road and Lavelle Road saw a 2-3 per cent hike in rental values over last year. Around 0.16 million sq. ft. was absorbed during the past three months in these areas, the report stated.
Around 0.35 million sq. ft. of office space was released into the market in Yemalur, and demand has marginally increased for small and medium spaces in the extended business district areas of Indiranagar, Koramangala, Old Madras Road and CV Raman Nagar. Approximately 0.24 million sq. ft. of office space was absorbed in this quarter.
Anshuman Magazine, chairman of CBRE, has predicted that rental values would remain stable over the coming months as well. He said, “There will be negligible movement in the next few months. Occupiers are expected to remain cautious, with most corporates intent on consolidation and efficient utilisation of existing office space.”
Demand, however, declined in the peripheral business district areas of Whitefield and Electronics City this quarter.
There were also fewer transactions near Sarjapur Outer Ring Road stretch with absorption at 0.47 million sq. ft. of space as compared to over 0.74 million sq. ft. in the previous quarter.
Rental values rose, however, by 4-5 per cent in the commercial office segment and 2-3 per cent in SEZ areas, the report stated.
Bangalore Real Estate News
- Real Estate Bill Set to Spike Home Prices
- Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst
- Mid Income Homes Drive Home Sales
- Bangalore Real Estate More Positive
- Bangalore Records Highest Launches
- Bangalore Stands 2nd for Commercial Investment
- Residential Sales Drop by 16% in Bangalore
- Century to Build Walmart Store Near Hebbal
- Godrej Properties Enters Whitefield
- Honeywell Seals Biggest Office Leasing Deal
- Sahara Buys 25 acre Plot at Whitefield
- Will Real Estate Follow the Gold Crash…?
- Over Supply of Retail Space Hits South India