UB City Owes 10 Cr. Property Tax to BBMP
Published on Mar 14, 2013, 06:00 AM IST
The report submitted by the Cell stated that the total built up area of the grand building was 16,42,171.9 sq ft, which is nearly six lakh sq ft more than what was declared under the self assessment scheme (SAS). This means the UB Group has defaulted in paying property tax for nearly six lakh sq ft.
The UB Group did not pay the arrears and assess itself accurately under the SAS, it would resort to beating of drums in front of UB City, shortly.
Also, the Palike has noted that as many as 459 property owners in the BBMP East Zone have furnished false information, under the SAS, to the BBMP.
An inspection of 734 properties carried out by the BBMP revealed that defaulters will have to cough up at least Rs 33 crore. While notices have been served on 302 property owners, the process of issuing notices to the rest was underway, said sources in the Palike.
Humiliation at its best
The BBMP beat drum in front of the office of Subramanya Construction and Development Company Ltd on Bannerghatta Road and recovered Rs 3.74 crore.
While the private firm has to pay Rs 7.45 crore in dues, the management has paid Rs 3.74 crore and has agreed to pay the remaining amount shortly.
Bangalore Real Estate News
- Real Estate Bill Set to Spike Home Prices
- Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst
- Mid Income Homes Drive Home Sales
- Bangalore Real Estate More Positive
- Bangalore Records Highest Launches
- Bangalore Stands 2nd for Commercial Investment
- Residential Sales Drop by 16% in Bangalore
- Century to Build Walmart Store Near Hebbal
- Godrej Properties Enters Whitefield
- Honeywell Seals Biggest Office Leasing Deal
- Sahara Buys 25 acre Plot at Whitefield
- Will Real Estate Follow the Gold Crash…?
- Over Supply of Retail Space Hits South India